Friday, February 10, 2012

A doll room make over, My doll room office that is!


So today I wanted to share with you the transformation of my doll room/office. I have had an adventure putting it together and as per my New Years resolutions I am sharing this adventure with all of you.
The above photo is how my doll room entered the New Year. You see in November we were asked to move by our Landlord, who was going to knock the house we live in down and rebuild, So everything got re packed, we were supposed to move at the end of February.
Our Landlord changed his mind the second week of January and then I had to un pack all that I had packed.
 This room is 8 feet by 10 feet, very small and used to belong to my youngest son who now shares a room with his brother. Which is why it still had Thomas The Tank Engine Curtians.

The room really started to come together and took about 1 week of hard work and reorganizing to get it useable!
Lighting is a major issue in our house there is very few overhead lights in the house and none in the bedrooms!
On Christmas Eve I found this lamp at a second hand store it was for a built in and was under $20, I figured it could be rewired thanks to YouTube and my helpful guy at RONA the hardware store and another $15 made it useable. So I hung a hook in the middle of the room and used a extension cord run along the ceiling  to make the light work in my room.
I was so impressed that I got this to work, My doll room was really coming together!
I made wall art with my collection of doll shirts. This was featured on Doll Diaries . This is the wall opposite my Keep Calm and Carry On wall art.
On the wall opposite the window and beside the door I have a shelf with some of my dolls on it and is where I have hung my art work from Aid for Abby .
The room is now in constant use!
My youngest niece Thea playing in the room
as well as my Niece Laura
Well I hope you have enjoyed my doll room make over and hope you have a little room of your own for your things, sometimes when it is crazy I go in there and shut the door and I am so thrilled with how it has turned out so far!
I still have plans to move a small computer desk in their so I can write in such an inspired place and I am still looking for a very girly chair to place in the room. After all I live in a house with all boys and this is my girly escape!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Karen, your room turned out so nice! I love that hanging lamp and the way you are displaying the AG store shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a place to call your own; I love your shirt collection and display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I feel bad that I stole the room from my youngest son but they got tired of seeing doll stuff all over the house. I like having space but would love to have more space in there! LOL that way I could put away more. My closet is not show for a reason! That would take it's own post, when I get the nerve up to open the door! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! It's so neat! I can't believe you had to pack and then unpack. What an ordeal. But you made up for it with the girly room.

    ReplyDelete