Friday, February 24, 2012

Spotlight on Marie-Grace and my niece Hannah

Ever since the release of the new historical dolls Marie-Grace and Cecile my niece Hannah has wanted Marie-Grace.

In January when we visited the Seattle Store her wish came true as she finally got her  doll in the "pretty pink dress".
It can not be easily explained what draws girls to certain dolls but I think that this doll looks allot like my niece.

Hannah waited anxiously for her to be handed to her.
Their first Dance! Hannah was over the moon!
I love this photo as we waited for our lunch, the bistro is a fantastic experience!
Marie-Grace is a beautiful doll, I thought before we had picked her up that I she had a very generic face, but upon further inspection she is truly a different mold then I had thought! She is adorable, and Hannah loves her very much!
Here she is the morning after! I thought it was fun to include Mckenna's morning after photo  when I did a spotlight on Hannah's Twin Sister Cadence's doll, so here is Marie-Grace. Of the two dolls, Marie-Grace has a nicer wig. I am not sure if it will be easier to maintain but she seems to have more hair then Mckenna.

I can not wait to read through Marie-Grace's story, which Hannah kindly left for me to read. I promise to share my book reviews as soon as I get through them! I have 27 books in my must read pile at the moment and only 2 are not AG books!
I hope you enjoyed today's post and if you have any photos of your Marie-Grace that you would like to share please email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh,my. She does look just like the doll, complete with those loose curls.

    I do think this doll's hair is a bit easier to maintain, but the original banged style makes it a lot easier for little girls to keep dolls' hair out of their eyes. Marie Grace has a LOT of hair when those braids are removed, which I'll bet will be done.

    Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! :) Looks like she's going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recomment NOT taking the braids out. We did and I ended up putting them right back. It was a mess out of the braids. I love my Marie Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Hannah and Marie-Grace do resemble one another! Perhaps they should wear some matching clothes for a photo-shoot some time?

    They look so sweet together! There is nothing like seeing a little girl and her doll. Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet pictures! My youngest daughter had her heart set on Marie-Grace too. However when we went to the Mall of America store over Christmas, she went with one of the MyAG dolls instead. I think MG is a gorgeous doll and was a bit disappointed she chose another one.

    ReplyDelete