Monday, December 24, 2012

Chistmas Eve, time for sledding!


Sledding if you happen to be in a winter wonderland at Christmas is one of my most favorite activities. It is a great way to enjoy all that winter has to offer. If you are lucky enough to have snow this Christmas Eve then I recommend you hit the hills!

If however like me you are having a wet or green Christmas you can still enjoy this activity indoors through doll play. Over at Springfield Dolls this wonderful craft appeared on December 21, I am completely in love with this craft and had a "Why did I not think of this" moment when I saw it so I knew I had to share it here with all of you. If you have not had a chance to see how to make it Click here to go to the Creative Hands Website featuring this Springfield craft!

There are also some other wonderful Sleds and sleighs you can pick up this post holiday season and add to your collection.
I love the Maplelea Toboggan (Sled) is offered online for $42 Canadian and two dolls can comfortably ride!
Last year I picked up this Holiday Sleigh at Micheal's the Craft store after Christmas for such a great price. Check your local craft stores or thrift shops for these! Click here for last years post. Not so much as as Sled but a Sleigh and a great addition to any doll play collection.
Madelon received Kit's sled as a gift and kindly shared her photos with me. I think any collector and doll lover would agree this is a great sled.
If you are lucky enough have a sleigh or sled  in your collection I would love to see your photos. Be sure to email them to me at karenmowen@gmail.com

Last January I picked up this set including my horse "Pickles" for $30 after Christmas from Sears Canada, it was more then $149.99 before Christmas. I love my horse but the sleigh is not well made it is flimsy plastic but was a steal at $30! Check your stores, on line and thrift stores you may just find something like this, you never know! To see my post from last year on my Canadian Blog My Maplelea My Country My Doll click here .


If you are looking for plans to build a wooden sleigh for your doll a great pattern can be found by clicking here. Wood Workers Workshop.com offers their directions for $9.99.
If a hook is more your talent check out Maggies Crochet blog for this amazing set, this is now a blog I am going to visit more for sure.I wished I had seen it sooner to share with all of you!
There are so many wonderful ideas here on the Web and I am truly inspired for next year already!
I hope you and your families enjoy all the holiday has to offer and if Christmas is a holiday you celebrate I wish you a very Merry Christmas!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. I love that craft idea on how to make an AG sled!! I should try and find some big craft foam like that, I am sure my subscribers would love a tutorial on that!! Especially since winter is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love the ideas too, let me know when you make a video of it!

    ReplyDelete